Do you have experience setting up machines? Do you love working with your hands? We're hiring and excited to meet you! Learn to set up roll forming and press machines to produce metal shapes for various customers in this pay-for-skills position.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Will perform machine operations and inspection tasks such as: assist in setting up tools, dies and equipment to operate roll forming machines to form material as specified by work order and specific blueprints and diagrams of the cross section. Load and unload parts on roll machines. Make minor adjustments and perform coil and line changeovers. More experienced operators may perform independent setup following orientation and initial training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Others as assigned.
- Perform tasks per procedures to operate a rolling machine.
- Load and unload parts from rolling mills
- Perform quality checks per written instructions
- Make minor adjustments to rolls, assist or under supervision, complete coil changeovers.
- Responsible for guarding, crane operating/ coil handling and general housekeeping
- Responsible for following established procedures for:
- STEPS program to include: JIT, 5-S, Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen and Six Sigma
- Basic Computer Skills
- Blueprint Reading / SPC
- Responsible for a working knowledge of:
- ERP Software/Business Systems
- Raw Material Tickets
- Work-In-Process/Finished Goods/Inventory Tickets
- Set-up Charts
- Rework/Defective Parts
- End of Shift Paperwork
- Route Sheets
- Understanding of Tool Storage/Staging Operations
- Responsible for the following:
- Assist in the placement of raw material.
- Assist in the removal of parts and packing.
- Cut parts by hand, where applicable
Open Shifts: We are currently seeking candidates for 2nd shift: 3:30 PM - 2:00 AM Mon, Monday-Thursday. Eligible for $1/hour shift premium. Overtime as needed.
- Ability to perform all essential functions listed above, including regularly lifting up to 50 lbs
- High School Diploma or equivalent and ability to pass general math test
- Experience working in a manufacturing plant environment or similar, including machine set-up, metal working, or welding/fabrication.
- Ability to successfully navigate computer software with training. Possess basic computer skills.
- Consistent experience in manufacturing setting in set-up and machine operation or metal fabrication.
- Setting up/running equipment
- Performing part inspections
- Blueprint reading
Who We Are
voestalpine Roll Forming Corporation, or RFC as we call it, supplies custom roll formed metal components into several industries including Aerospace, Construction, Material Handling, Off-Highway, Office Furniture, Solar and Transportation. In 2000, Roll Forming Corporation was acquired by globally leading technology group voestalpine AG and became part of the Metal Forming, Tubes and Sections division. Today, voestalpine Roll Forming Corporation has seven production facilities across three states with five facilities and headquarters located in Shelby County, Kentucky and one facility each in Pennsylvania and Indiana.
What We Offer You
- Several great benefit plans, including multiple health insurance options, vision, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability coverage, health-saving accounts, or flexible spending account
- 401K or 401K Roth up to 6% Match
- Quarterly Profit-Sharing Bonus. Example: we paid out over $6000 in last 12 months!
- Apprenticeship programs & tuition reimbursement opportunities
- Leadership training opportunities
- TogetherWeCare, a philanthropic volunteer program that allows employees to support their community while on company time
- Countdown to Zero, a global environmental impact initiative that strives to make our work environments more efficient and environmentally friendly
voestalpine Roll Forming Corporation is an At Will employer. Employment will be at-will, which means that either the employee or the employer may terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without prior notice, and with or without cause.
Roll Forming Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, and any other federal, state, or locally protected classifications. Please contact us at RFC.HR@voestalpine.com if you require any alternate application form or accommodation during our hiring process due to disability.