Are you ready to make an impact with a well-established manufacturing company in the Aerospace industry? Are you driven, self-motivated and seeking a fast-paced environment? Are you ready to soar in our organization? We're searching for a Process Engineer for our Aerospace division!
What You’ll Be Doing:
Lead process and product improvement efforts as a technical engineering specialist and resource to the operations team. Review product design for compliance with good engineering principals, company standards, and customer specifications. Assist tryout and development of associated tooling projects. Support manufacturing through process control & continuous improvement initiatives. Troubleshoot technical problems. Develop manufacturing processes around new or existing equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Others as assigned.
- Solve technical problems
- Through shop-floor interaction with supervisors and data collection will assist manager by preparing reports, identifying production trends, and providing recommendations in
- Any necessary department controls and procedures
- Reducing quality errors by identifying product defects and establishing corrective methods.
- Implementing appropriate plans to improve profitability by maximizing efficiency to include waste, speed, delay, and raw material usage using Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Manage the coordination, implementation and standardization of manufacturing process improvements.
- Recommend appropriate manufacturing standards, actual vs. estimate, and verify.
- Improve processes in order to meet manufacturing standards.
- At the time of tool tryout, understands workability of tools with the purpose of improving knowledge of design and helping tryout and design.
- Perform work measurement studies, including time studies, process capability studies and uptime studies to meet pre-determined goals prior to formal handoff of project to manufacturing.
- Be directly involved with continuous improvement teams, which may include being facilitator of a team or group of teams.
- Incorporate safety into all aspects of the department and ensure safe working conditions during all activities associated within the manufacturing environment.
- Trial CNC machining programs
- Research, justify and implement new processes and equipment
- Procurement activities including obtaining bids, evaluating bids, and making purchase recommendations.
- Document & prepare part specific work instructions
Schedule: This position is overtime-exempt and will primarily work eight or more hours per day, five days per week based on business needs. Primary schedule will be 7AM – 4PM Monday to Friday or similar.
- Bachelor’s degree in related technical field of study or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 to 5 years’ hands on experience with metal-forming processes such as Roll forming, stamping, tube bending, CNC machining, and/or laser cutting
- Computer skills – MS Office with strong Excel spreadsheet knowledge, CAD and ability to learn new software, including internal manufacturing software
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Experience in product launches
- Aerospace experience
- US Person as defined by ITAR & EAR
- Engineering degree (Mechanical or Aerospace preferred)
- Experience with: lean manufacturing, manual mills & lathes, PLC, Electrical controls programming, PFMEA, SPC, GD&T, quality certification systems
- Experience with metals (Aluminum, titanium)
- Metal (roll) forming
- CNC Machining
- Basic Controls experience
- ISO/NADCAP/ AS9100 Experience
- Heat Treat Experience
- Structured Problem-solving described: Six Sigma, PFMEA, FMEA, 8D/PPAP, RCCA