Mission Statement: Identify and support educational opportunities and disseminate information to enhance commerce and economic opportunities in Shelby County.
- Scholarship Program: Promote career and technical education by awarding scholarships to high school and adult students pursuing higher education who intend to work in Shelby County.
- Young Leaders Institute: Work with select group of Shelby County 10th graders to interact with community leaders to develop skills necessary to become leaders of tomorrow.
- Work Ethic Certification: Certification program to develop, recognize and reward high school students that demonstrate strong work ethic.
- Work Ready Communities: Work collaboratively with schools, businesses and government to develop and sustain an educated and skilled labor pool for the community.
- Workforce Development Program: Identify training needs of business, industry, and agriculture and develop programs to meet those needs.
- Shelby County Training Consortium: Partner with Shelby County Industrial & Development Foundation and Shelby County Associated Industries to provide training to manufacturing partners through an educational consortium.
- Partners in Education: Provide business links to offer financial, professional and/or educational support for students and students? programs.
- Education Marketing: Promote Education Committee programs and the need for quality education to our community, students and parents through available media with an emphasis on the value of career and technical education.
Education Committee Meeting
Date and Time
Thursday Mar 2, 2023
9:00 AM - 10:00 AM EST
1st Thursday of each month
9:00am to 10:00am
316 Main Street
Shelbyville, KY 40065