Shelby County Chamber of Commerce
Mission: Provide networking, information, and opportunity, through a credible and cooperative membership, and that advocates for business and community needs.
Vision: CONNECT – BUILD - GROW
Goals and Programs:
- Member Co-Hosted Events (Mixers)
- Networking Roundtables
- 5 Key events per year
- Promoting Businesses
- E-mail spotlights
- Social media blasting’s
- Voice for businesses
- Research and share business advantages
- Business Referrals
- Business marketing and promotions
- Referrals for members inquiries
- No Cost and Low-Cost Expertise / Professional Development
- Shelby County Associated Industries Partnerships
- Many other partnerships to offer discounted trainings
- Discount Programs
- 15+ member to member discounts currently
- 10+ member offered discount programs
- Directory, website, social media connections
- Utilize events to connect with others
- More desirable to community being a member
- Member plaques displayed
- Building a stronger Shelby County
- Utilize benefits to expand your organization
Date and Time
Tuesday Jun 13, 2023
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM EDT
Board of Directors
John Leeper is the current President for the Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors is responsible for ensuring the Chamber’s long-term stability and integrity. The board members are legally and financially responsible for the organization. Directors ensure that the organization fulfills its mission through quality programs and services. Directors recognize that in order to foster the organization’s continued viability and growth, identifying new ideas, new leaders, and new income is essential and they pledge to contribute needed resources and talents toward this end.
Term of Service
Directors are elected for a three-year term, serving from November 1 through October 30 of the third year. Any vacancy on the Board of Directors due to death, resignation, removal or disqualification of a Director, may be filled by appointment by the President and approval of the Board for the unexpired portion of the term. Directors may be elected to serve a second term.
If you are interested in becoming a Board Member, please reach out to our office to express interest.